Thursday, March 31, 2011

Paranormal Activity

So I picked the wrong night to watch Paranormal Activity. In general I should probably avoid watching movies at night time that end with demon possession and a girl looking like this:


I was freaked out a little when I went back to my apartment. I was going to sleep on the couch which was at least somewhat closer to my roommates. But then I told myself that I needed to grow up and get over my fear and just go to sleep in my own room, because nothing was going to happen to me.


So I went to my room and wrote in my journal. Then I decided to look up some bible verses that would calm me down before I turned off the light to go to bed. As I flipped through the index I heard a huge supernatural bang and a flash of red light flooded my room.


And then the room was filled with complete darkness because even the lights outside my window were out.


I froze because I was certain that a demon was after me. But after a few beats of being stuck in a frozen state I realized how exposed I was. I threw my comforter over my head, because as you well know comforters are supernatural protection shields. For the sake of not having all black pictures I will give you the view through the blanket. I quickly grabbed my phone and called one of the girls I watched the movie with. This is what I told her:


And then without waiting for her reply I hung up the phone. About forty minutes later I noticed my phone was on silent and I had missed calls from her, because I had freaked her out. Which is understandable, I would have been freaked out by my phone call too. I could hear my roommate's voice outside my room, which also accounted for the footsteps I had heard. I yelled out to her.


Because I didn't want to get out of my bed. I was still pretty sure there was a demon.


I eventually did get safely to my roommate's room and stayed there until I was groggy and dragged myself back to my room because I was too tired to care. And it ended up not being a demon but instead the transformer box outside my window that people worked on all night and continued to make popping noises. So that was my experience with paranormal activity this week.

1 comment: