Monday, November 8, 2010

Cute Animal Theory

Warning: This is not an actual scientific study, merely my observations.

I have a theory that if a stranger has a cute animal then people (well probably more likely girls, but since I'm a girl I'm going to work off that perspective) are more likely to talk to them. I will illustrate my case, but first here is a graph I made up for my theory, because it makes it look more legit.



Observation 1:
If the stranger has no animal then people will go out of their way to pretend that person does not exist.


Observation 2:
If the stranger has a typical type pet like a dog or cat (but really just a dog, because who walks around with a cat?) then people will typically bypass acknowledging the stranger's existence (unless it's to ask the name of the dog) but pay attention to the animal.


Observation 3:
Then there is the smaller, cuter animals such as a duck or bunny. People will go out of the way to talk to these strangers. Small animals cause people to not even care that they don't know the stranger and instead they act as though it is their best friend who is carrying around the animal.



And that's the end of my theory.

3 comments:

  1. you are so funny!

    I totally fall for the cute dog trick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ba ha ha ha so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahaha funny stuff i love it!

    ReplyDelete