Saturday, April 9, 2011

I've been smirked.


This is Algeria.


This is Algeria smirking at me at Model Arab League, because he hated me for opposing his redundant resolution. In fact Algeria didn't really like anyone. There was an outburst against Palestine, Sudan, and Saudi Arabia. My teammate and I, representing the United Arab Emirates, were cornered separately. I was basically told I couldn't oppose his resolution. Then we went and voted "NO" on it.

When our education resolution came up Algeria opposed it because they hated anyone who tried to oppose them.

Favorite quote of the weekend: "We are already educating too many people." Oh Algeria 69.9% literacy rate, too many?

Views of fake delegates "representing" Algeria are not actual views of the country Algeria. I'm sure Algeria is a wonderful place.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite quote of the weekend. Algeria: "You should be ashamed of yourself, Saudi Arabia. This is egregious!!" Saudi Arabia: "What? I don't care about you or your country. I'm Saudi Arabia. I like my money. I like my cars. I like my women... all covered up!"
    - Your fellow delegate from the U.A.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or...
    Palestine: We would like to remove our sponsorship from the current resolution."

    Algeria: "THIS IS THE FIRST WE HAVE HEARD OF THIS" "YOU CANT DO THAT"

    And then they did after the chair banged the gavel and yelled "DECORUM! DECORUM!"

    ReplyDelete