Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tornado!

Last night some pretty bad storms went through Arkansas. Most people took safety precautions, however my friends are adrenaline junkies. I was going out to my JEEP to see if my phone was there when the RAs ran up the stairs and started telling everyone to get on the first floor.

I logically ran down the stairs and out the building because I was not about to be shoved in a small bathroom with a leaky toilet with too many people like last year. Yeah we had a fun dance party for about ten minutes but then it really wasn't that fun being hot and cramped and having to stand.

Then I made an even smarter decision and left with three friends to drive into the eye of the storm, which we were tracking on an iPhone. Let's just say the night was epic. And I might have hidden my face at some points. My favorite moment however was driving through Beebe when the electricity went out. It looked so weird. The lights flickered and then everything went dark and there was a huge flash of lightning that lit up the murky green sky. One of the guys family lives in Beebe so we stopped in there and I ended up with a bunch of books for my ever growing collection.

We ended up not seeing a tornado but we did see some pretty awesome lightening and it was one of my favorite nights of my college career.

Look I drew a really bad tornado!

No comments:

Post a Comment